I can imagine that most of the pictures showed familiar green foods, but maybe you were stumped on one or two, so here are the answers for you to view.
Mean Green Quiz Answers
- Sweetsop: Also called a Custard Apple.
- Papaya: PawPaw can be used to tenderize meat.
- Soursop: Also called Guanabana, this spiky looking fruit is one of Alastair’s absolute favorites.
- Coconut: Called a Jellay when it is a young coconut like the one in the picture, the top is chopped off so one can drink the water than eat the soft jelly-like flesh.
- Avocado: Called a Pear here, is shaken to tell when ripe and the sound of a rattling stone is the telltale sign.
- Moringa: Is also known as the “Miracle Tree” for all of its nutritional and medicinal benefits. There is quite a bit to know about this plant so you can visit www.moringa.com to learn more about it. I’ve been eating the leaves either raw or in a stir-fry.
- Lime: Most of the limes are yellow here when ripe but I found a green one.
- Tomato: The picture shows the only two tomatoes growing in camp.
- Banana: The banana “tree” is not really a tree, but a giant herb and the banana is the fruit of that herb.
- StarBeer: The official beer brewed in Sierra Leone.
I’d love to know which ones, if any, left you scratching your head!